This campaign would not have been possible were it not for the generosity of our contributors. They enthusiastically poured their expertise into their posts and engaged with us to make sure we brought you the most credible and meaningful information. We want to give the most sincere thanks to the following individuals:
- Amy Pershing LMSW, ACSW, Pershing Turner Center LLC; The Center for Eating Disorders, Ann Arbor, MI
- Cynthia M. Bulik, Ph.D., FAED, Professor of Eating Disorders in the Department of Psychiatry in the School of Medicine at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Golda Poretsky, HHC, Founder, Body Love Wellness
- J. Casey Martin, MS, NCC, EDC Denver
- Jamie Jones, MA, LPC, ATR, Tatsumi & Jones
- Jeanine Cogan PhD, Eating Disorders Coalition for Research Policy and Action
- John Dolores, J.D., Ph.D., Center for Hope of the Sierras
- Katie Thompson MS, LPC, NCC, Castlewood Treatment Center for Eating Disorders
- Marsha Hudnall, MS, RD, CD, Green Mountain at Fox Run
- Sunny Randoll Haas, Writer
External Posts and Supporting Articles
Here is a complete list of all the wonderful articles that were written about Binge Eating Disorder (BED) Week! A big thank you to our supporters for their thoughtful and complimentary pieces!
Green Mountain at Fox Run’s Blog, A Weight Lifted: Preventing & Treating Binge Eating Disorder: It’s BED Week!
CFJ Counseling’s Chelsea Fielder-Jenks:
- Kicking off BED Week, May 27-31: The “do one thing a day” social media challenge!
- Day Two of BED Week: What is BED?
- Day Three of BED Week: Five Common Myths
- Day Four of BED Week: What causes BED?Day Five of BED Week: BED Treatment
Libero Network: Binge Eating Disorder (BED) Awareness Week
Psychology Today: Psychology Today’s Nancy Matsumoto Covers BED Week
Eating Disorders News: Nancy Matsumoto – Check it out online: BED Week
beat (beating eating disorders UK): beat – Binge Eating Disorder Awareness Week: Mythbusting
Activity on the Social Networks
We held a tweetchat!
On May 29th, BED Week partner Kari Adams of Killer Confidence with The Kari Adams show hosted a live tweetchat from 12-1pm (EDT). The hashtag to access all of the comments is #BEDCHAT – be sure to filter through the “All” option, not just “Top Tweets” in the upper left side of your screen.
The outcome was fantastic and several eating disorder experts participated: Marsha Hudnall, MS, RD, CD of Green Mountain at Fox Run; Dr. Lauren Muhlheim; Academy for Eating Disorders; E. Fitsimmons-Craft; Carrie Arnold; Kristin Seattle; Breathe & Nourish; Chelsea Fielder-Jenks of CFJ Counseling and Dr. Stacy Rosenfeld – lots of great info was shared in discussion!
Our twitter campaign
In addition to using the BED Week facebook event page, we also took to twitter to do some serious promotion, fact-sharing and discussion. You can catch up on the tweets by using the hashtags #BEDWEEK, #DSM5, #BEDAWARENESS, #EATINGDISORDER and #ED.
Check out the facebook event page!
Our Binge Eating Disorder Week images
Over the days of BED Week, we shared tons of great images which included factual information, quotes from leading experts in the eating disorder community and inspirational quotes from celebrities. You can check these images out on the BED Week 2013 Pinterest board!
Social Network Support
Individuals, Twitter Followers and Facebook Friends: